Saturday, April 23, 2011

Resurrection

Tomorrow is the biggest day within the Christian faith. The acceptance, and trust in, the physical resurrection of Christ is the peripety of the faithful life. To quote the homework my friends from the PUMP Church of Christ in Portland gave their kids each Sunday: God loves me, Jesus died for me, and I can have hope in the resurrection. (This is simply a restatement of Paul's words in I Corinthians 15)

Tomorrow we will be discussing the resurrection of Christ as well as the resurrection of another Old Testament family (King Saul) in the form of his crippled grandson Mephibosheth. We will consider the times when we all, like Thomas, have troubles remaining faithful when all seems lost.

This will be a jubilant, triumphant time...as we welcome back Bill and Donna, and also Daniel's mom, Marilyn. If you are a bluegrass fan, click here to see a video of a great song called I am the Man, Thomas! See you tomorrow!

No comments: