Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Eucatastrophe Retreat

Eucatastrophe is a term coined by J.R.R. Tolkien which refers to the sudden turn of events at the end of a story which ensure that the protagonist does not meet some terrible, impending, and very plausible doom. He formed the word by affixing the Greek prefix eu, meaning good, to catastrophe, the word traditionally used in classically-inspired literary criticism to refer to the "unraveling" or conclusion of a drama's plot.

For the past nearly three years we have been sharing, serving and worshipping together...and it is time to CELEBRATE! I had hoped to have a larger number of our folks on this retreat...because I think it is important to celebrate what God has done, is doing and will CONTINUE to do in the future.

Friday night is going to be focused on dinner and sharing. Saturday we will be doing a variety of activities, and I am not completely sure what order they will take place in. For those of you who have been berating me for details, you may be disappointed to learn I have not even created a schedule for this gathering. I have a loose idea in my head, and the materials to cover, but that is all. Some of you will be very excited about this, because schedule's mean very little to you, and some of you are hiving up thinking about not having a printed schedule. Whichever camp you fall into, (the Chronos group or Kairos group) I trust that this weekend will remind you of how amazing God truly is!

No comments: