Wednesday, February 6, 2008

MGM -- oops, I mean Hollywood Studios


We took it easy this morning and went to the artist formerly known as Disney-MGM Studios, now known as Disney-Hollywood Studios (although most of their signs haven't caught up yet, either!). We saw the
High School Musical Show, and Nate provided us with his self-titled 'Red Hot Pepper Dance' -- I almost fell out laughing.

We went on to see the Playhouse Disney show, and then Nate and I went to our favorite thing at Disney. We saw a short but very funny film about Animation (a lot about 'Ratatouille') and then went into an actual drawing class where we each had our own light table and learned how to draw Pluto (wish I had a scanner here to show the drawings) -- it was AWESOME! Then, in classic Disney fashion, as we left we were funneled into a shop, where Nate found and purchased a book called 'The Art of Ratatouille', which showed a lot of the original sketches and creative processes behind the animation in Ratatouille -- thanks to Mr. Don and Miss Susie -- your disney bucks helped Nate purchase the book.

On the down side, Lily's cough worsened and we called the doctor again. So, on our last day here, Lily and I may have to stay here at the vacation house. In reality, there is a 60% chance of thunderstorms tomorrow, so there may not be a lot of good Disney time to begin with. Friday we come home (Brian and I will return Saturday evening)...looking forward to seeing all of you.

Ryan

4 comments:

Cyndi said...

My favorite part about Nate's dance is his non·chalance when he is done!!!

saved by grace said...

Nate-I love your dance! I miss you all and can't wait until you come home!

JamieWilliams said...

I expect to see that dance performed live at some point. And Nate, you'll have to teach dad your moves!

Ryan Gibbons said...

We will try and have a rendition of the pepper dance for all of you when we get home!

ryan