Thursday, July 2, 2009

Trivia Winner(s)

The first place winner in our Bible Trivia Contest was Greg Needels, one of our house Church missionaries to Panama. The answer was Joseph.

The way you figured it was this...

I am not a man of battle,

Nor a lord of sheep or cattle, 1 

(The 2 most common roads to power in his day were military prowess and livestock holdings.  

Joseph apparently had neither)

But I’m wealthy, 2 and I’m righteous, 3 

(Genesis 41 notes his great wealth & Genesis 39:2 says the Lord was with Joseph)

Though I have been known to battle. 4 


Boastfulness gave way to patience

Through long years of tribulations, 5 (He was enslaved, wrongfully imprisoned, forgotten there, etc.)

And the providence of God used me

To bless both men and nations. 6 (His plan for the famine rescued many people)


With aristocratic wife, 7 (She was of the priestly class, Gen 41:45)

And with wealth and honors rife, 8 (same as #2)

You’d not suspect the many wrongs

I’ve suffered in my life. 9 


Actually, since Greg already has a cash prize waiting for him once he returns from Panama...we are awarding this prize to Leslie Miller, who sent her response in just after Greg's. Lester, you are the winner of a NOOMA video! Congratulations!

No comments: