Monday, November 1, 2010

Come Awake

Sacred is the pause that draws us into stillness. Nourishing are the moments when we step away from busyness. Lord, teach us the wisdom of pausing. Reveal to us the goodness of stopping to breathe...

Eternal God, I want to stop trying to control the hours so that new paths of inspiration are free to unfold within me. I want to remember that I have the potential to be a blessing in the lives of those with whom I live and work. Take my scattered thoughts, my fragmented moments. Breathe into them and draw them into YOUR heart. Open my eyes that I may see your grace that waits for me in every moment. You are the source of every moment's blessing. TEACH ME TO LIVE AWAKE!

Anoint the moments of my day -- may you make this prayer true in my life. Amen.

No comments: