Saturday, November 27, 2010

What I Believe Is What I DO!

So, after much study and thought about the pattern for organization, worship and community in the early Church, I find myself disappointed. Disappointed that 'the pattern' I had always been taught existed within those first followers has vanished like a mist between my fingertips. It seems to me that the early Church did whatever was expedient for the building up of the Kingdom of God, and didn't necessarily repeat that 'system' in other places as the Gospel spread throughout the globe.

So, to borrow a phrase from the book Blue Like Jazz..."what I say I believe is not what I believe. What I believe is what I do!" What DO these characters from the Bible DO? For good and / or bad, how do they follow God on a daily basis? So, for the next few weeks, I plan to consider some of these 'character studies' from the Old and New Testaments...some will be familiar to you, and some may not. But we will to endeavor to see life within the kingdom from their eyes, their point of view.

Jacob

Joseph

Shiprah & Puah

Hannah

Rahab

Ruth

David

Nathan

Solomon

Simeon

Matthew

Simon Magus

No comments: