Saturday, September 26, 2009

Light and Darkness



If you read Luke 11:35-36 you will find the following...

'See to it, then, that the light within you is not darkness. Therefore, if your whole body is full of light, and no part of it dark, it will be just as full of light as when a lamp shines its light on you.'

I have struggled over the years, trying to figure out how to be full of the light. In my effort to accomplish this, I immersed myself into nothing but Christian music and literature for a period of time -- but still I found myself a mix of light and darkness. So then I went the other direction, and sort of scorned the "Christian-eze', but after a season, I realized I was still a mix of light and darkness.

I realized that this was not the reason for my being full of light or full of darkness. So, here I am, still pursuing that ideal of perfect light...


No comments: