Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sleep Tight


I am here at my computer, having had a marginal day which was uplifted, as usual, by my book club and time at the Foster's. In addition, Connie Bingham gave me a devotional book this evening, and it had something in it that I just HAD to share with you!

'Behold, I am near at hand to bless you, and I will surely give to you out of the abundance of Heaven.
For my heart is open to your cry; yes, when you cry to me in the night seasons,
I am alert to your call, and when you search after me, the darkness will not hide my face;
It will be as the stars which shine more brightly in the deep of night.

Even so it shall be.'

And that reminded me of my favorite compline prayer from the book of common prayer...and I am praying it for each of you tonight, especially for the Akins....Bill, Donna, Brandon, Katie and Elisabeth...

'Keep watch, dear Lord, with those who work, or watch, or weep this night, and give your angels charge over those who sleep. Tend the sick, Lord Christ; give rest to the weary, bless the dying, soothe the suffering, pity the afflicted, shield the joyous; and all for your love's sake. Amen.'

No comments: