Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Thinking about God's Power

While Johnny, Robert and Brian hiked all the way up to the spot where the Falls falls, I stayed on a big rock about halfway up, gazing out at this huge mountain of rock and majestic falls. Here were my thoughts...

'This is my feeble attempt to capture what I am seeing. The beauty of God’s creation is immense. I am sitting here on this rock beneath the falls at Yosemite National Park. Yesterday, we were at Sequoia National Park looking at trees I had seen before in pictures but could only being to fathom how big they actually were when I was actually standing UNDERNEATH them.

I picked up my Bible and journal and found these words from Psalm 125...

A song of ascents.
 1 Those who trust in the LORD are like Mount Zion,
       which cannot be shaken but endures forever.
 2 As the mountains surround Jerusalem,
       so the LORD surrounds his people
       both now and forevermore.

As I sit here, gazing up at this great wall of granite, I am truly thankful for God’s power and support. Sometimes I doubt their presence, but sitting here today, I am more confident then I have ever been of his care and provision.'

No comments: