Friday, August 28, 2009

Checking the books!


I'm so new to actually 'being' a blogger, that I don't always know how often to post things, or if the things I am saying are hitting home, or if I should just post some pretty pictures and leave it at that. But there are times when I feel like God is poking me to say or do something, and when I act on that feeling, good stuff seems to happen. Thanks to Crystal and Greg for their comments on my last blog post...it was good to know my feelings resonated with someone besides myself! I 'checked the books', so to speak, and found a good report!

This Sunday I think we will discuss the entire 7th chapter of the book of Luke...as you prepare, pay special attention to how Luke 6 ends with the parable of the wise and foolish builders, and then contrast this with what Jesus says about the centurion in the beginning of Luke 7. Also take a peek ahead and see where chapter eight is taking us!

Finally, look at the characters in the stories contained in chapter 7 -- by my count there are 5 main characters, though you may come up with a slightly different number! See which ones are good examples of faithfulness and which ones aren't -- then see which ones come in as 'religious people' and which ones are 'heathens'!

Our common meal will be grilled chicken salads...and I hope to see ALL of you out this week!

Grace and Peace
Ryan

No comments: