Friday, July 16, 2010

Woman at the Well

It is an interesting story found in John chapter 4 that highlights the importance of the image of water in the New Testament. Jesus comes upon a Samaritan woman at a well, and engages her in conversation. That is interesting in itself, as the woman herself notes when she responds to his request for a drink of water. But then the discussion drifts from well water to 'living water.'

10Jesus answered her, "If you knew the gift of God and who it is that asks you for a drink, you would have asked him and he would have given you living water."

Do we understand what living water truly is? Do we live as if we are being nourished by living water? Consider these questions and I will see ya Sunday...don't forget to look at Romans 4-6 as well!

1 comment:

D2 said...

Yes, I do believe I know the Living Water. But, I think I know, much better what it means to be dry and thirsty.. or maybe I should say, I am more aware of the drought and focus on it more than I do the living water.? :oX Does that make sense? I can really wallow in the dust when I should be zeroed in of the Water!